High school counseling teams are stretched. According to the US Department of Education, each public school counselor is responsible for 476 students, on average.
Our School-to-College camps are designed to help teenagers (7th - 11th graders) learn everything about getting into US colleges - in a fun way through games, activities, mini-projects and quizzes centered on the college theme. Camp is a perfect place to learn "Do-It-Yourself" skills about one of the most important decisions a teenager makes. See below for a typical 5-day camp schedule.
"All About College" Summer Camp, Jul 1 - July 5, 2019 at the Frisco Athletic Center (FAC)
Please register at the Frisco Perfectmind site or call FAC at (972) 292-6600, and mention Course ID: 00015622. This is a 4-day camp because of the July 4 holiday. All activities of the 5-day camp will be accommodated into the 4-day camp which meets for an extra 30 minutes each day. The cost is $250 per child.
Camp Agenda (5 Days; 3 hours/day)
Fun Activities List (not all activities offered in all camps)
- Words building of college names
- Memory game
- Discovery game
- Branding game
- ONET profiler
- Finding careers based on ONET profiles
- Finding more about select careers from ONET
- Finding hot careers from BLS OOH website
- Final Jeopardy Quiz on College Facts through College Navigator Search
- Quiz on Scholarship Search
- Quiz on Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- High School course planning activity
- Quiz on studying abroad (for example, Germany)
- Quiz on transferring from 2-year to 4-year college (articulation)
- Quiz on estimating college acceptance
- Visiting your favorite campus online
- Final Case study