By Rajkamal Rao
|Image Credit: Rao Advisors LLC|
The City of Frisco is again hosting our popular "Elite Admissions" College Seminar at the Frisco Athletic Center on Nov 3 at 2 PM. The seminar runs for 2½ hours including the Q&A session, but those of you who have attended prior sessions know that we often go over!
Tickets are $20/person.
The easiest way to register is to call the FAC front desk at 972-292-6600 and mention the course ID 00004285. Or you may register online at the City of Frisco's new Perfectmind site. Or you can stop by the FAC front desk.
Topics CoveredWe typically cover the following topics:
- Elite colleges by the numbers
- College acceptance rates & yields
- The Top 80 Colleges by selectivity
- What makes a student profile
- Typical profile of an Ivy League student
- Factors in the admissions decision
- Why the new TEA guidelines are excellent
- Why High School course planning is critical
- How to strengthen student curriculum
- All about admissions tests (pSAT/NMSQT/SAT/ACT)
- Rethinking extracurricular activities
- Modern tools to organize student portfolio
- Selecting colleges using SAT cutoff
- Essay tips
- ED, EA or Regular Decision
About The Presenter
Sending children away to college is one of the most important, but stressful, milestones for a parent. With more and more students applying to the nation's top colleges, it is becoming increasingly harder to get in. The top 12 colleges accepted just 1 applicant in 10, some, even fewer.
Our lead counselor, Rajkamal Rao, is an expert on higher education. Many of you have read his blog posts. His course, "School to College", an innovative ½ credit elective for high school students, launched in the State of Washington on the Red Comet online platform this Spring. He is an active public speaker conducting awareness seminars on higher education both in the United States and India. His higher education webinars are broadcast live to engineering colleges in India. He has written a book on college selection, available on Amazon - College Selection the Smart Way. His course on college financial planning and college admissions are both live on Udemy, the world's largest online learning and teaching marketplace with over 15 million students.